Email marketing is one of the best and effective ways to market your business online. Like any other digital marketing strategy, however, you need to make informed decisions. This is why getting the attention of your target audience and customers ensures the effectiveness of your marketing strategy.
Creating and delivering emails to your customers can be quickly done, but how do you ensure that your recipients open and read the newsletter? One way of assessing the effectiveness of your email marketing efforts is by reviewing its open rate.
In this article, we will share three practical tips on how you can increase your email open rates:
Tip #1: Create a straightforward yet engaging subject head
When your newsletter subscribers receive your email, the very first thing they will see is your subject headline. This is why you must choose the right trigger words to encourage them to open and read your email; avoid generic headlines like “January Newsletter.” Instead, make it more personalized and relatable to your audience.
Here are some ideas on how you can create a compelling email subject headline:
- To excite your audience – Put a teaser
- To intrigue your audience – Start with a question
- To help them quickly understand your points – Introduce a list
- To encourage your audience to take action – Give a command
- To tell your intent in a straightforward manner – Make an announcement
Tip #2: Use a recognizable sender name and email signature
The next aspect that your audience will see once they receive your email is the sender’s name and email address. Subscribers usually ignore an email if they see an unfamiliar name attach to it, which is why you need to use a familiar and recognizable name.
Another thing that you should personalize is your email signature. Doing this will help your audience recognize and trust your business more.
Tips on how to personalize your sender name and email signature:
- Mention the name of your business as the “from name”
- Use your business name on your email address
- Put your business logo in your signature
- Attach your website link to the signature
Tip #3: Have a consistent sending schedule
People love consistency, and they are most likely to trust brands that are consistent with their marketing actions – determine an exact time on when you should send an email. Doing so will also encourage your audience to anticipate your email newsletter at a specific time and day.
Tips on how to determine your schedule:
- Segment your subscribers list into three equally-sized groups and send them the same copy at different times of the day (morning, afternoon, night). After a few weeks, assess which time of the day has the highest open rate.
- Read reviews and studies you can find online that tackle user-activity on email marketing.
Email marketing is an excellent way of personalizing your reach to your target audience and customers. It allows you to get creative and practical on how you can secure the loyalty of your customers to your brand. To do that, you should catch their attention once your email lands on their inbox.
For starters, you should make a striking headline and recognizable sender’s name and signature. Furthermore, you should have a consistent newsletter schedule to increase brand awareness and customer trust.
We publish helpful blogs and tips to help leverage business’s email marketing strategies in the US. If you are looking for a reputable email marketing consultant, get in touch with us!